Wednesday, September 20, 2006

first quiz

What attracts me to Chinese Medicine?
  • opportunity to learn and explore concepts and theories that are mysterious to me
  • interested in self healing - lifestyle changes - and then with that knowledge - helping others
  • healing thru these methods vs traditional western medicine based on past experience not so good
  • interested in a more integrated whole approach to people's needs and expectations
What do I honestly think of Physics, really?
  • absolutely clueless as to what that even means
  • what does time even have to do with physics?
  • boy am I gonna be really smart after this class
Now that I think about it, have I ever experienced time "slowing down"?
  • yes - one time my mother was visiting and I was living if San Francisco at the time, must have been mid 80's, and we were sitting at a dining room table [mid'day] chatting and enjoying the beautiful day, making plans for the afternoon. The table started slowly shaking - but not really shaking - more like moving under our hands. The floor must have been doing the same - the entire building - but that was not as obvious as the table moving. The shaking continued for what seemed like a very long time - and we just looked at each other - because it was such and unfamiliar feeling/experience/sensation. Time seemed strangely unsure. "How long was that?" We were not sure how long it lasted and what exactly was happening - but it was an "earthquake"

No comments: